- Proper lead off EVERY TIME. When not stealing, lead off behind the base line
- Be prepared to dive back: right hand tag outfield side of base, face turned away
- Know the situation: must run or not.
- Ground ball to outfield: Look for 2 bases.
- Ground ball hit behind you: Always run.
- Fly ball hit behind you, including foul ball: Tag up. Go if fielder turns her back to you.
- Fly ball hit in front of you: Go part way.
- When on 3rd base, lead off in foul territory, go back in fair territory.
- Always advance as far as you can when trailing a rundown.